Recovering sexuality after bladder cancer can be difficult for women. In December, Daniela Wittmann, Ph.D., LMSW, CST, and LaShon Day, PA-C, both from the University of Michigan Department of Urology, were the experts featured in a series of four webinars on this topic, sponsored by the Bladder Cancer Awareness Network.
The one-hour webinars are now available for viewing on YouTube for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of sexuality and intimacy after treatment for bladder cancer:
- Part 1: Physical Impact
- Part 2: Emotional Impact
- Part 3: Treatments for Improvement
- Part 4: Questions and Answers
For starters, here is Dr. Wittmann’s presentation on the emotional impact that bladder cancer can have on women with bladder cancer as they recover their sexuality:
Take the next step:
- Learn more (PDF) from the U-M Comprehensive Cancer about bladder cancer.
- View the full playlist of Patient Insight Webinars from the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network here.
- Still have questions? Call the nurses at the University of Michigan Cancer AnswerLine™. They can help patients or their loved ones find a clinical trial or provide insights into the newest and latest cancer treatments. Feel free to call at 1-800-865-1125 or send an e-mail.
At the U-M Multidisciplinary Urologic Oncology Clinic our patients are cared for by nationally recognized experts – urologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and pathologists – as well as nurse practitioners and physician assistants who specialize in the treatment of bladder cancer. Each member of our team is committed to the best possible treatment for our patients.
The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center’s 1,000 doctors, nurses, care givers and researchers are united by one thought: to deliver the highest quality, compassionate care while working to conquer cancer through innovation and collaboration. The center is among the top-ranked national cancer programs, and #1 in Michigan according to U.S. News & World Report. Our multidisciplinary clinics offer one-stop access to teams of specialists for personalized treatment plans, part of the ideal patient care experience. Patients also benefit through access to promising new cancer therapies.