Noodles are always fun, and this recipe also gives you a way to work delicious summer vegetables into the menu.
Without too much mess or trouble, you can even get your kids involved in mixing up all the ingredients in this easy recipe for asian noodles with chicken from Rebecca Wauldron, Executive Chef at Busch’s Fresh Food Markets.
Asian noodles with chicken
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 8 ounces dried buckwheat soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 6-8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup seeded diced cucumber
- ½ cup sliced, seeded, red bell pepper
- 1 cup packaged, shredded broccoli slaw
- ½ cup All Natural Asian Flavor Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the dried noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Add snow peas to the pot for the last 1 minute of the cooking time.
- Drain the noodles and snow peas and rinse under cold water.
- Place the noodles and the snow peas in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to combine.
Take the next step:
Try out one of our other kid-friendly recipes:
- DIY ice cream in a bag
- Crispy, oven-baked chicken tenders
- Kid-friendly breakfast ideas
- Taking corn beyond the cob
- Tomato treats for kids
- Nectarine and blueberry crisp
Busch’s Fresh Food Market is proud to be the 2014 Food and Nutrition sponsor for Camp Little Victors. Busch’s is a family supermarket that blends the best of today’s freshness and style with the traditional values, personal service and wholesomeness you expect from the neighborhood grocer. Find a location near you.
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the country. It was nationally ranked in all ten pediatric specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals,” and among the 10 best children’s hospitals in the nation by Parents Magazine. In December 2011, the hospital opened our new 12-story, state-of-the-art facility offering cutting-edge specialty services for newborns, children and women.