- Whole wheat tortillas
- Eggs – one per person
- Shredded spinach leaves
- Shredded cheese
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Other toppings, such as pineapple, mushrooms, diced red onion, diced peppers, etc.
- With the stove on low, place two tortillas in the skillet, one on top of the other. After 1 minute, flip them and leave them for another minute. Repeat with the other tortillas until you’ve heated 1 side of each tortilla you need for your family. Turn the heat off, wrap the tortillas in a clean dish towel and set them aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowel and use the fork to beat the mixture well until the yolks and whites are blended.
- With the stove on medium, cook the eggs in the skillet.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas.
- Enlist your kids to help top their tacos with their favorite toppings. There’s no end to the delicous topping combos you can create!
Take the next step:
- Check out other healthy recipes from Camp Little Victors.
- Learn about the nutrition support team at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
This recipe was adapted from one from ChopChop Magazine. Check out their website for great ideas to get your kids involved in cooking and healthy eating!
Camp Little Victors is the virtual summer camp program from C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Each week, for six weeks, participants receive an email full of ideas and activities to help keep families busy, happy and healthy all summer long. Learn more and sign up.
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the country. It was nationally ranked in all ten pediatric specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals,” and among the 10 best children’s hospitals in the nation by Parents Magazine. In December 2011, the hospital opened our new 12-story, state-of-the-art facility offering cutting-edge specialty services for newborns, children and women.