- 19 ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Vegetables for serving. Carrots, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes and celery all work well!
- Put the beans, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, chili powder and cilantro and process again until smooth. Taste the dip, and add more of anything if it needs it.
- Cover and refrigerate up to three days or serve immediately garnished with extra cilantro.
Take the next step:
- Check out other healthy recipes from Camp Little Victors.
- Learn about the nutrition support team at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
This recipe was adapted from one from ChopChop Magazine. Check out their website for great ideas to get your kids involved in cooking and healthy eating!
Camp Little Victors is the virtual summer camp program from C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Each week, for six weeks, participants receive an email full of ideas and activities to help keep families busy, happy and healthy all summer long. Learn more and sign up.
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the country. It was nationally ranked in all ten pediatric specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals,” and among the 10 best children’s hospitals in the nation by Parents Magazine. In December 2011, the hospital opened our new 12-story, state-of-the-art facility offering cutting-edge specialty services for newborns, children and women.