Every year, we are awestruck by the generosity of organizations, families and individuals who want to help the kids at Mott during the holiday season. It’s a beautiful reminder of the kindness of the human spirit.
Your donations help us bring cheer to our Little Victors year round, but this time of year, in particular, they help us make our annual “Mott Toy Shop” possible. Many of the parents of our Little Victors are reluctant to leave their child’s bedside for five minutes, let alone enough time to brave crowded stores for holiday shopping. And all too many are also feeling the weight of financial challenges. The Mott Toy Shop helps these parents still give their child a holiday experience even while spending their holiday in the hospital.
If you’re interested in making a holiday donation to Mott, here are some things you should know:
- We’ve made our list (and checked it, twice!). We want to make sure your gift can make the biggest impact here for the kids at Mott, so we have prepared a Wish List to assist you in planning your gift for the kids at Mott. Download a copy of this Wish List to print or share with others. Mott Children’s Hospital is also registered at Amazon, Target and Toys ‘R Us. These registries are kept up to date to help us fill the current needs of our patients and families. To search for our registry, please use first name: Mott, last name: Hospital.
- Gift cards can be an easy option. Because storage space for toys and gifts is limited, you can help us by donating gift cards, instead of traditional toys. Gift cards allow us to maximize your gift because they provide our staff with the flexibility to make “on-demand” toy purchases – personalizing each gift a patient receives.
- No time to shop? No problem! Monetary gifts give us the ability to provide activities and programs for patients and families throughout the year. Every item purchased by the Child & Family Life department for use with Mott patients & families is funded 100% through generous donations. Click here to make a monetary donation.
- Delivering your gifts. Donations will only be accepted by appointment again this year. Please call to schedule your donation drop-off time. In order to sort, inventory, and prepare for our holiday store event for our patients and families, we will not be able to accept donations after December 12th, 2015. To donate after this date please schedule a time to drop-off after January 5th, 2016. Donations given after the holidays are used to meet patient and family needs throughout the year. To set up a time to drop off donations, call or email us at (734) 764-1260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please, no used items and no wrapped items.
- Due to infection control guidelines, donors are not allowed to personally distribute gifts directly to patients.
- Please avoid dollar store items because of recent safety recalls and their tendency to break.
- If you wish to donate beanie babies, blankets and other knitted items please contact Community Relations to see if there is a need for these items.
- The Child & Family Life staff distributes donations in the best interest of Mott patients. If a donation cannot be appropriately used in the children’s hospital, we will distribute the gifts to U-M Main Hospital, Ann Arbor Kiwanis, or other outside organizations.
Thank you for choosing to make a difference in the lives of our hospitalized patients and their families!
Take the next step:
- Learn more about how you can be a Victor for Mott at www.givetomott.org.
- Check out some ways your child can make a difference.
- VIDEO: Watch how the Toy Store makes spirits bright for kids during the holiday season.
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the country. It was nationally ranked in all ten pediatric specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals,” and among the 10 best children’s hospitals in the nation by Parents Magazine. In December 2011, the hospital opened our new 12-story, state-of-the-art facility offering cutting-edge specialty services for newborns, children and women.