Welcome to our blog! We created this new blog to share some of the exciting things that go into building a new children’s hospital. And what a children’s hospital this will be! The new C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital – opening November 2011 – is the largest construction project in the State of Michigan! Every wall, every play room, every outlet and restroom has been carefully planned with our patients and families in mind. Thousands of hours of consideration and planning have gone into all of these details – and the results are going to be remarkable!
This blog will share with you some of the most interesting aspects of the new hospital and the planning going into it. We’ll share things like:
- Things we learned from the families of our patients about what a children’s hospital should be like, and what you’ll see in the new Mott that reflects their feedback.
- The food and restaurants that will be in the new Mott, and what went into those choices.
- Sneak peeks at the new “tree house” lobby, patient rooms, and other parts of the hospital as they’re completed.
- Profiles of the artists behind some of the distinctive features of the new hospital
- And, very importantly, where will Big Bird be re-located in the new hospital?
Those are just a few topics we’ll talk about here, but we also want this blog to be a conversation! What do you want to hear from us? What do you like about the new hospital? What would you like to see? Let us know by using the “Comments” tool on each of our posts.
We’ll be updating the blog every few weeks, so check back often! You can also use the tools in the upper right corner of the blog to subscribe through your preferred blog reader, or follow us on Facebook to be notified every time a new post is published.
In the meantime, check out the New Hospital pages on the Mott website for more facts and figures about the new hospital!