New online patient portal gives you secure access to your personal health information
Have you wanted to access your health information from home or on the go? Now you can with MyUofMHealth.org. This new website is a secure portal to your personal health information. From renewing prescriptions to viewing test results, the portal helps connect you directly to the University of Michigan Health System and the Comprehensive Cancer Center.
If you already bank online, shop online and socialize online, electronic access to health care information and providers is a natural next step that adds some convenience. But cancer patients and survivors, who are facing long-term care or managing complicated treatments, can receive more than convenience from the portal.
It is a quick and easy connection to your physician, your test results or to make a bill payment – which can add peace of mind to your already emotional and physical situation.
“Cancer patients are anxious. They are anxious about test results and counts, the course of their therapy, the symptoms they are experiencing,” says Jane Martin, director of clinical services at the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center. “This portal allows patients to see health information and communicate with their doctor at their own convenience, without as much worry or phone tag.”
Some of the ways you can use the portal to help manage your health information include:
- Requesting prescription renewals
- Reviewing and printing current medication information or medical history
- Viewing test results and doctors notes online
- Securely messaging care team members
- Paying bills online
- Requesting appointments, seeing past appointments and cancelling appointments up to 24 hours in advance
- Granting another adult proxy access to your portal information, which can be useful for sharing health information with a spouse or caretaker
To sign up for the portal or for more information, visit MyUofMHealth.org.
If you have already started using the patient portal, please let us know.