- 4 ears of corn, shucked and removed from cob
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno, finely chopped and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of corn. Cook, without stirring, 3 minutes or until corn begins to brown on bottom. Stir and cook 3 minutes or until most of the kernels are browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining corn.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add corn; toss to combine. Sprinkle cheese over corn; serve warm.
Take the next step:
- Check out other healthy recipes from Camp Little Victors.
- Learn about the nutrition support team at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
Camp Little Victors is the virtual summer camp program from C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Each week, for six weeks, participants receive an email full of ideas and activities to help keep families busy, happy and healthy all summer long. Learn more and sign up.
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the country. It was nationally ranked in all ten pediatric specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals,” and among the 10 best children’s hospitals in the nation by Parents Magazine. In December 2011, the hospital opened our new 12-story, state-of-the-art facility offering cutting-edge specialty services for newborns, children and women.